Saturday, January 19, 2008

Praise Jesus for Vacations!






We headed out to Ruidoso, NM for a 3 day family vacation and boy did we vacation! You know you had a good time when you come home more exhausted than when you left. We did lots of shopping, eating great food (there's something about the mountains and cold temperatures that make my appetite grow, not to mention that baby in my tummy), and sledding. Lily loves the snow and she loved sledding in it once she got used to it. She cried the first several minutes until she finally exclaimed, "I'm a big girl I want to go down the big mountain." Jason and Lily had a blast while I took pictures probably bothering all the people standing around because I wanted to get every shot of her to document the day. Yes, I am THAT mom! I never imagined you could get so much pleasure from watching the people you love have such fun. It was a great 3 days and we are glad to have gone and glad to be home. Now what awaits me? Laundry, unpacking, and giving Lily a serious BATH!

3 comments:

Harris' said...

What fun! I have to admit I'm a little jealous of three days away from the everyday. I am glad you all got to escape and enjoy being a family. And I agree, watching your loved ones have fun is one of the most rewarding thing EVER! I am so proud of Lily for attacking that BIG mountain with such courage. Thank you for shopping with me...I enjoyed your company. And thanks for accepting my unique shopping style.

Amy said...

Looks like we really missed out! But I am so glad your fam got some quality time together.

Megan Kemp said...

sounds fun. such great pics.