Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Treasured Days.....






Well, the weekend we have been looking forward to has come and gone. Amy's birthday was Friday and we all had fun-filled days with our families. Friday afternoon we snacked on cheese and crackers and sandwiches trying to prepare our tummies for burgers, fries, and cherry pies later that night. The Harris family went to eat with us to celebrate Amy and then back to our house to hang out and let all the kids play. Saturday morning I kept the kids while Ben took the birthday girl to breakfast and then later, Amy and I went to lunch. We discovered a great little treasure by way of an Amarillo friend, called Manna! Actually, it's Manna Bread and Wine. We had a fabulous time laughing, talking, and enjoying Heavenly food. I treasure my time with my beloved best friend and that was an experience for the books! Saturday night was Amy's actual birthday dinner as Ben (super-husband) had ordered lobster from Maine! An actual live lobster that had arrived on my doorstep the day before. Ben had taken care of that lobster doing his best to keep him alive right until it was time to eat and we all said goodbye! It was quite an experience. The title of this blog sums up this weekend and my favorite part of the entire 3 days? Sunday morning breakfast with my "family" in our pajamas just living life together (documented with the pics).
The Martinez family is beyond blessed to have the Thoennes family be such a huge part of our lives. So, to my friend who is closer than a sister....I love you and know that you are known and treasured from Lubbock, Tx!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I had a wonder-ful weekend! Thanks for treasuring me. Lubbock is a great second home:)