Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Refreshing Rain

Well, let me start off by saying that the Lord is so faithful and knows what I need before I do. I have not been spending time in His presence lately. Just busy, preoccupied, and most of all lazy. I just didn't feel like putting the time in. I felt I didn't not have time to sit and be still and receive. Being impatient, my cry to God was "I don't have time to dwell can You just give me a quick shot." But then today came and my dear friend and I were on the phone gabbing away as usual and she said "let's go spend time with the Lord instead of talking about it." GREAT IDEA(inspired by HIM of course). So I grabbed my Bible and retreated to my patio before naptime was over. Immediately it began to sprinkle and then came a soft rain. REFRESHMENT! The Lord set the whole thing up. I think HE was waiting with anticipation all day for that very moment. He began to talk about how He loves to LAVISH on me. He has been waiting to refresh me and breathe Life into me and He needed me to settle down, be still and receive. He is not obsessed with the last few days and weeks. He is obsessed with LIFE - and HIS PRESENCE brings life! HE is the LIVING WATER. Come and drink! Take HIM in! He desires to breathe life into your spirit. HE is BEAUTIFUL...............

2 comments:

Karli said...

Friend - Sounds like a glorious day. So good to see pictures of little Lily (not so little anymore - i can't believe how much she's grown!) and to hear your life and heart. Love you, Karli.

amyftx said...

Lanie...I am so sorry i missed you on my last visit home. Lily is getting so big...I love the curly red hair. She looks like a fiery little cherub. Blessings to you my friend. I keep hoping you and Amy will make it to Austin.

Amy