Friday, June 29, 2007

One of Those Days........

You know the days when everything seems to go just right? It is a beautiful day, the house is clean, you feel organized and prepared whatever might come your way. Jason has been out of town and doesn't return until tomorrow night and somehow we have made it thru the week minus any major catastrophe. God has been teaching me about His grace and I must say that when I learn to be obedient and heed His words, I find LIFE! Days like this seem to be few and far between but is it possible that I am now learning to truly flow with Him? Not that every day I will wake up to a clean and organized house and a two year old who is so pleasant to be with all day but that in the midst of those others days and today I may be full of His peace and presence. To joyfully cooperate with the Holy Spirit? This week (by anyone standards) may have been a difficult one, playing mommmy and daddy roles. But, this is my testimony......that His grace is more than enough and His peace despite what is going on around you truly does carry you through. God is relentless with His goodness towards me, this is what I have found to be true.........

3 comments:

Megan Kemp said...

So good Lanie, I love it. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

Man, I love that. Thanks for the reminder that He cares and makes everything an easy load when we are "with" Him.

kimberly said...

Amazing Grace! I love Oswald Chamber's insight, "The tiniest detail in which I obey has all the omnipotent power of the grace of God behind it.If I do my duty, not for duty's sake, but because I believe God is engineering my circumstances, then at the very point of my obedience the whole superb grace of God is mine through the Atonement." Oh, the benefits of obeying the greatest commandment! I love your testimony! I love you! I love Jesus!